In recent years, I have switched a lot of my regular ground beef recipes over to ground turkey. After all, it’s more nutritious and just as delicious. Many moms are making the switch and their families don’t even notice! Here’s a great recipe that I have adapted recently for turkey meatloaf.
Prepared boxed stuffing according to package directions. Use powdered soup mix that you find in your grocery store aisle.
- 2 pounds fresh ground turkey
- 1 cup prepared seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 package French onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Combine ground meat, stuffing, egg substitute and soup mix in a large bowl.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Add ketchup and sauce. Continuing mixing.
- Pat mixture into a greased 9 1/2-inch x 5 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover, pour off liquid and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Serve with brown gravy made from jar or dry mix, if desired.