A lovely light, fish dish finished with a arugula almond pesto — a unique combination of flavors.
1 (6-ounce) flounder filet
2 tablespoons arugula almond pesto (see below)
1 1/3 cups fresh argula leaves
1/3 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup packed fresh spinach
2 tablespoons roasted, blanched almonds
1 smashed large garlic clove Directions:
To make flounder:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
2. Place flounder in dish and cover with pesto.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until flounder flakes when pierced with a fork.
To make pesto:
1. Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor, blending until finely minced.
2. Add 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and process until blended.
3. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.