A low-carb BBQ side item!
Sun-dried tomatoes give their concentrated flavor to this reduced-fat spread for burgers, or slather on low-carb sandwiches, pitas or wraps.
4 sun-dried (dry-packed) tomatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Pinch of salt
Black pepper to taste
1. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Set aside 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Drain and finely chop.
4. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
5. When tomatoes are cool, stir into herbed mayonnaise.
6. Refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
7. Makes one cup.
Per tablespoon: 1g carbohydrates; <1g protein; <1 g fiber; 28 calories