Pumpkin & peanut butter Halloween dog treats
This Oct. 31, give your dog something to howl about by serving one of these spooky-shaped Halloween treats! Made from pumpkin, peanut butter and a bit of cinnamon, these treats are as good for your pup as they are tasty!
These cookies are easy to make and can be shaped anyway you'd like! We chose to make ours on the spooky side by using Halloween cookie cutters and dressing them up with some icing and food coloring/icing gel. Let your pup indulge a bit this holiday by serving him/her a tasty and scary treat!
Pumpkin and peanut butter Halloween dog treats
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Yields about 10 treats
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of salt
- White icing (use this pet-safe recipe)
- Food coloring*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, eggs, canned pumpkin, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Lightly flour a hard surface. Place dough on the surface and roll out using a rolling pin to about 1/2 inch thickness. Using Halloween cookie cutters, stamp out shapes. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Decorate with icing and food coloring!
*According to the ASPCA, food coloring in small quantities is not harmful for your pet and is safe for consumption.