11 Animals that need to get out of here (just like you on Fridays)
Ever have one of those weeks when you'd do anything to escape? Well, these animals feel your pain — they cannot get out of their present situations fast enough. So if you're working the 9-to-5 and feeling trapped, look to these guys for strategic ways to get out.
1. The preemptive retreat
"I'm sorry, boss, I just can't do that fifth report. I have a pressing lunch daaaaaaaate!"
2. The tight squeeze
"Yeah, there's no way I'm getting out of here today. I'm between deadlines and meetings and... oh look at that. My afternoon meeting just cancelled. Bye!"
3. "If you give me a leg up on this spreadsheet, we can totally both make it out early"
4. The first half of the week always feels like an unscalable wall — then suddenly it's Friday and you made it!
5. Two minutes before 5 p.m. on Friday before a three-day weekend
6. It's Friday afternoon and you just turned in your last assignment for the week...
Gah! Your boss wants you to redo half of it!
7. Sometimes it feels like a race toward the finish line
But once you've made it to happy hour, it's smooth sailing for the next two days.
8. "Hey, hey boss? I have one more assignment for you, OK? Byyeeeee!"
9. Sometimes you have to do some real fancy footwork to make it out at a decent hour
10. But that's not always guaranteed to get you unstuck from your desk
11. Just remember: If you're trapped at work, don't panic
You'll find your way out of work and into the weekend soon enough.