12 Things only people with fur babies understand
We love our cats and dogs. Sure, they're messy when they eat. Yes, we just had to walk Mr. Sassyface in below-zero temperatures. But, at the end of the day, they're still our babies. Try to understand our point of view.
1. Yes, everything is covered in fur
No, that doesn't mean I'm dirty.
2. There's no point in trying to keep them off furniture
Especially your pillow or the kitchen table.
3. There will always be one piece of furniture torn to shreds
This is why we can't have nice things.
4. You'll never eat alone
Someone always wants to share.
5. And uncovered liquid is never safe
Seriously. Don't drink out of that glass.
6. This is why we need to dog-proof
Ugh. We should have taken down those blinds.
7. Yes, I did just pay a $500 vet bill
I won't have to pay $30,000 on college tuition, though.
8. Oh, your toddler "hogged the bed" last night, huh?
I understand. Really.
9. Ours doesn't like to share, either
But, at least we get in a good workout.
10. They're basically heaters
Feeling the winter chill right about now? Cat and dog owners know that there's no such thing as a cold night with a fur baby close by. They're like a heated mattress pad... except better.
11. Their kisses are the best
Before you scrunch your nose at dog kisses, keep in mind that toddler kisses aren't exactly dry, either. And with babies, you not only have to worry about slobber, but you could get snot, too. Yep... we'll stick to puppy kisses any day.
12. They're like personal greeters
Our SOs meet us at the door with news that the cable is out and the mini-mes want to know what's for dinner. Fido? Fido will always be excited just to see us. (Especially if we've been gone a very, very long time.)
There are actually plenty of similarities between raising a kid and raising a pet. They both take a lot of love and require a huge amount of responsibility. Now... if only "real" parents would be a little more sensitive to that when chatting with parents of fur babies.
This post was brought to you by Bayer’s K9 Advantix® II. Do not use on cats.