Why owning a dog will make your life better
Thinking about getting a dog? Here are 12 reasons why it will be the best dog-gone decision of your life. Pun intended.
1. You never have to come home to an empty apartment
Photo credit: FunnyPlox TV
Not only will your dog be sitting there patiently waiting your arrival, he'll be the happiest pup on the planet. Expect licks, hugs and plenty of howls when your dog sees your precious face.
2. Never will you have to get into a cold bed again — your puppy will keep it warm just for you
Photo credit: Kath Giovanelli
Live in a cold climate? This dog is for you! QUIZ: What kind of dog are you?
3. Never will you have to binge watch a Netflix show again
Photo credit: marcelokpz
Do as you please: Take off your pants and get ready to binge. Your dog won't judge. As a matter of fact, he'll bask in it. And that, my friends, is priceless.
4. Never will you be afraid of a weird noise in the middle of the night when you've got Fido on your side to protect you
Photo credit: JustJesse97
Regardless of his size, your dog is guaranteed to be there for you day and night. He'll bark at any unexpected intruder, even if it is just your boyfriend.
5. No more wasting food when you've got a four-legged garbage disposal in your home
Photo credit: Kristian Septimius Krogh
Your grocery bill may go up, but your carbon footprint will most certainly go down.
6. You won't have any more excuses to avoid those evening jogs now that you've got a steady running buddy
Photo credit: videorisers
Either your dog will run you tired, or you'll wear him out. Either way, it's a win-win.
7. You've got a 24-hour therapist to listen to all of your problems sans judgement
Photo credit: AnnaTuush
Go ahead, talk it out, your pup won't care. He also won't mind when you look totally crazy talking to yourself... I mean, him.
8. You'll never have to take a Christmas photo on your lonesome again
Photo credit: Your Legit Gaming Videos
Your family will never need to receive another selfie-made greeting card again. Your dog makes the perfect photo companion. Plus, your friends will get a kick out of seeing Fido grow every year.
9. You'll have a shoulder to cry on when you break up with the love of your life
Photo credit: Julia Elizabeth
You know that ugly cry you like to hide from the world? Your dog, he'll still love you after seeing your face a slobbering mess. In fact, he'll always love you.
10. And someone to share your joys with when you meet the actual love of your life
Photo credit: Jessica VanHusen
Your dog will never care if you become a bridezilla. He also won't care about what dress you wear, his collar or crazy thing you make him do at the nuptials. He'll just be excited to be there with you. Maybe a little too excited.
11. You'll have a guaranteed babysitter
Photo credit: BMR Pranks & Fails
Don't actually leave your child home alone with your dog, but it is totally OK for them to have serious cuddle sessions together. If you want children in your future, choose a breed that's good with kids, and you're guaranteed to have someone who will love your baby as much as you.
12. You'll always have a true best friend who loves you unconditionally
Photo credit: mihaifrancu