Cesar Millan answers SheKnows readers' questions
Here at SheKnows, we love how passionate Cesar Millan is for dog activism and rehabilitation. So when he agreed to sit down with us and answer a few of our reader's own questions, we jumped at the chance. Here are Millan's remarks on the questions you've had about your family pet.
Cesar weighs in
Here at SheKnows, we love how passionate Cesar Millan is for dog activism and rehabilitation. So when he agreed to sit down with us and answer a few of our reader's own questions, we jumped at the chance. Here are Cesar's remarks on the questions you've been wondering about your family pet.
When we asked to swing by for an inside look at Cesar Millan's newest training initiatives, we were thrilled with what we found. Not only did Millan provide more insight on his new hands-on seminar, Training Cesar's Way, he answered several of our questions about training in general and offered details for his new weekly clinics that any dog owner can benefit from. Watch the video for Millan's advice for your training questions, and read below for more information on what's next for the dog-behaviorist.
Why does my dog bring trash into the house?
How do you deal with the dogs
when the mailman arrives?
Why do dogs mount each other during play time?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to train alongside Cesar Millan and some of the best dog trainers out there? Well then, your dreams have just come true. As one of Millan's newest initiatives, he has handpicked a group of astounding trainers to help him teach weekly training clinics at his Dog Psychology Center, located just outside of Los Angeles, California.
"I am especially proud to be offering these courses at the Dog Psychology Center," Millan explains, "The clinics are taught by my team of handpicked professional trainers, each of them with extensive experience in their fields and knowledge of my instinctual approach to dog psychology."
What attendees can expect
Any who participate within one of the clinics will receive professional input for their dog's training needs. They will dive in with the experts to address common behavioral issues such as socialization, obedience and even uncontrolled leash walking.
- Mastering the walk: A hands-and-feet-on workshop to help you make the most of each walk
- Socializing your dog: An on-leash workshop (and sometimes off) to help socialize nervous dogs
- Basic obedience: A beginning on-leash obedience course that emphasizes communication
- Intermediate obedience and socialization: An advanced version of the Basic Obedience course
- Dog swimming: An introductory course for water rookies that also includes socialization
- Sheep herding: A beginning course that involves an instinct test in a small pen with three sheep
- Agility training: A fun, sporting workshop involving an obstacle course
- Treibball: An interactive game that builds strong bonds between you and your dog
- Search and rescue: Search and rescue training, emphasizing your dog's natural instincts
- Clinic sampler: An overview of five different workshops, covered in three days
The next round of clinics will be running September 7 - October 13. Registration starts soon, so jump over to TrainingCesarsway.com for more information regarding pricing, schedules and upcoming dates. Then be sure to leave your own training questions for Cesar Millan within the comments below. You never know, he may be answering your question next!