One look at this apple and seed butter snack and your kids will want to make it daily! Apple slices are thinly sliced and placed on a plate to resemble a layered “pizza” effect. Drizzle with warm sunflower seed butter sauce and top with your favorite toppings.
Everyone loves apples and peanut butter, but not everyone can enjoy the creamy, nutty flavor of peanut butter due to allergies. No worries! Enjoy this “pizza” featuring thinly sliced apples drizzled with sunflower seed butter, instead. Finish it off by topping it with shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips.
Apple crust pizza with peanut butter sauce recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large Fuji apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sun butter
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Arrange the apple slices on a plate. In a microwave-safe bowl, warm the sun butter for 30 to 45 seconds or until it’s warm enough to drizzle.
- Spoon the warm sun butter over the top of the apple slices. Garnish with shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
You can alter the recipe slightly to make it lunchbox-friendly. Just core and slice the apples width-wise, so each slice is circular. Send the apple slices, coconut and mini chocolate chips to school in Ziploc baggies, and the sun butter sauce in a sealed container. Your child can then spoon the sauce over each slice during lunchtime, topping the slices as he goes.