Summer camp-inspired crafts for kids: Tin can wind chime
You can have summer camp-inspired fun right in your own back yard! Keep kids entertained this summer with this easy outdoor wind chime craft!
What you'll need:
- empty tin cans
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- large nail
What you'll do:
- Remove any labels from the cans and thoroughly wash and dry them.
- Paint each can a different color. Once the first coat of paint dries, apply a second coat.
- Carefully hammer a large nail into the bottom of the cans to make a hole for hanging.
- Cut a 2-foot length of string for each tin can.
- Feed the string through the hole in the bottom of the can and tie a knot in the inside to keep it in place. Repeat for all of the cans.
- Gather all of the strings so that the tin cans hang in a bundle. Vary the height of the cans, but make sure they all touch so that they will make noise in the wind.
- Tie the strings around the branch of a tree outside.