Friendship bracelets are a summer camp tradition, and a fun way to remember friends even when they are far away. Help your child make a friendship bracelet to give to his or her best friend this summer.
What you’ll need:
- 5-millimeter multicolored beads
- jewelry-making string
What you’ll do:
- Cut two lengths of string that are both 2 feet long.
- Tie the two strings together at one end, about 2 inches from the end of the strings.
- Put four beads of the same color on to one strand of the jewelry string, and slide them all the way up toward the knot.
- Feed the other strand of jewelry string through the beads going the opposite direction as the first strand. Pull both strands tight.
- Add a second row with a different color of beads by repeating steps 3 and 4.
- Keep adding rows, alternating colors, until your bracelet reaches the desired length.
- Tie a knot in the end of the bracelet. Leave another 2 inches on the other side of the knot and trim away any excess string.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and tie the two ends of the bracelet together to keep it in place.