Dream catchers are a popular summer camp craft, and according to legend, they capture bad dreams while you sleep. Even if your kids aren’t headed off to camp this year, they can still have sweet dreams by making a colorful dream catcher necklace!
What you’ll need:
- 3-inch embroidery hoop
What you’ll do:
- Glue the end of the yarn to the back side of the embroidery hoop.
- Wrap the yarn around the embroidery hoop. Once the entire hoop is covered, trim off any excess yarn and glue the end of the yarn to the back of the hoop.
- Cut a piece of yarn that is 6 inches long. Fold the piece of yarn in half and put the folded end through the embroidery hoop. Feed the two loose ends of the yarn through the folded loop and pull the yarn tight.
- Glue one feather to each of the two ends of yarn.
- To make the center of the dream catcher, glue the end of a piece of thread to the back of the embroidery hoop. Wrap the thread back and forth around the dream catcher, so that it crosses over the center, then glue the other end of the thread to the back of the embroidery hoop.
- Cut a piece of yarn that is 2 feet long. Loop it around the embroidery hoop and pull the ends through the loop, like in step 3.
- Tie the two ends of the yarn together to make the necklace.