Smart-sounding names for boys
Yes, babies can rock smart baby names! You don’t have to worry that they sound too stuffy for a little boy, either — many of these names have easily-manufactured nicknames or other variations to consider.
Are you looking for a smart-sounding name for your baby boy? We’ve gathered names that have a very intelligent ring to them. These names come from famous smart men as well as fictional names. Gear up to name your little Einstein.
Smart baby names for boys
- Albert Einstein is the embodiment of intelligence. It’s interesting to note that this name revived in the 19th century due to Prince Albert (consort of Queen Victoria), who was noted for supporting the application of science to the industrial age.
- Benjamin Franklin was one of the founding fathers of the United States. Ben or Benji works very well as a nickname, and you could even use his last name for inspiration too.
- Charles Darwin was the man behind the theory of natural selection and how it applied to evolution. Charles, Charlie or Chuck are good names, but Darwin would be an excellent moniker also.
- Daniel Webster was a statesman and a senator from Massachusetts as well as being the 14th and 19th secretary of state. Dan and Daniel are great names — so is Webster.
- George Lucas, the creator of much-loved films such as Star Wars and Indiana Jones, offers plenty of inspiration — George, Lucas and Luke.
- Leonardo da Vinci was an artist, and so much more during the Italian Renaissance. Other options from this name would be Leo, Leonard, Leon and even Vinci.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. was a highly-regarded civil rights activist in the U.S. whose legend inspires and lives on to this day. Any of his names would work for a great baby name.
- Milo Aukerman is not only a singer and songwriter (for the punk band the Descendants) but he is also a research biochemist.
- Nikola Tesla was an amazing inventor, engineer and physicist who is best known for his contributions to the modern alternating current (AC) electrical system. Nikola may not be your cup of tea, but Nicholas may be — or Nick. And yes, Tesla is the name of a band with origins in the 80s, but it would still make an awesome name.
- Samuel Clemens is one of America’s best-loved authors, but if you don’t fancy his first name, what about calling your baby by his pen name, Mark or Twain?
- Sheldon Cooper (from The Big Bang Theory) is possibly one of the smartest characters on television, with a long string of letters after his name signifying his many degrees. Both Sheldon or Cooper would make a dashing name for your smart little guy.
- Thomas Edison, also known as The Wizard of Menlo Park, invented many things that we take for granted, such as the light bulb. Thomas is a great name, but how cool would Edison be as a first name?
These smart baby names will give you a jumping board and a solid step in the right direction. Which one is your favorite?