3. Moldable slime
Similar to Nickelodeon‘s Floam, this shapeable DIY is the perfect way for kids to get their slime on.
- Disposable cups
- Measuring spoons and cups
- White glue
- Food coloring (optional)
- Borax powder
- Zip-close gallon bags
- 1 cup polystyrene beads
- In a disposable cup, combine 1/4 cup white glue and 1/4 cup water.
- Add a few drops of food coloring into the glue mixture and stir. Set aside.
- In a separate cup, mix 2 teaspoons of Borax powder with 1/2 cup of water. Set aside.
- In the plastic bag, pour the glue solution and polystyrene beads, add 3 tablespoons of the Borax solution, zip closed and squish to combine thoroughly.
- Your formable slime is ready to play. You can let your creations air-dry for a keepsake or return them to an airtight bag and store it in the refrigerator for next time.
4. Cornstarch-based slime
One of the easiest ways to make your own slime at home, this DIY slime recipe uses materials you probably have in your cupboard.
- Measuring cups
- Food coloring
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of cornstarch and mix with your fingers until you reach a slimy, smooth consistency.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring, and your DIY slime is ready for fun.
Leave a Comment