Quotes to tape to your bathroom mirror
Vision boards and daily affirmations can be amazing motivators to help you focus on your goals and keep your spirits up.
I'm sharing a collection of quotes to help inspire and empower you through your most difficult days on your infertility journey.
I have a vision board covered with pictures — exotic places I'd like to visit someday, an idol I'm dying to meet, a pregnant woman and a newborn baby. Sprinkled throughout are also words and quotes that get me through the day. I am greeted each morning by my vision board and it helps set the tone for my day.
These words and images shape my reality and allow me to keep believing my dream of adding a child to my family will come true, no matter how difficult my infertility journey gets. I turn to these positive affirmations for strength and they help lift my spirits. It's amazing the power a single sentence can have when you are in the depths of despair.
For me, inspiration comes from 101 different places… a kind gesture; a meaningful conversation with someone I admire, respect or maybe never even met in real life, but have made an online connection with. I am inspired by those that give of themselves and expect nothing in return, an exploration involving a passport, being within the comfort of my home surrounded by the people I love most, the lyrics of a song I have heard a hundred times, an epiphany that leads me down a road of self-discovery, a starry sky, a roaring ocean or a vast, desolate desert. Inspiration is everywhere and when it feels like you are fighting the fight of your life, it can be everything.
Words of comfort and encouragement
While facing infertility, I find myself searching for inspiration and words of encouragement and comfort more often than not. Staying grounded, focused and positive is my No. 1 priority! Sometimes that is a lot easier said than done. There is a time for sadness, tears and frustration, but in the long run it does me no good to mope.
These are just a few of my favorite quotes and I hope they help you too.
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without ever losing enthusiasm.“ ~ Winston Churchill
- “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “It's going to be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.“ ~ Anonymous
- “All good things arrive unto them that wait — and don't die in the meantime.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Expect nothing and appreciate everything.“ ~ Unknown
- “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.“ ~ Unknown