Cat in the Hat I Can Do That Game
The Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat I Can Do That! game isn’t a typical sit-by-the-table board game. Players will jump, slide, balance and more as they perform hilarious stunts to earn stars. What a great way to reinforce physical activity, reading skills and memory! ($18, Amazon)
When they’re not playing the game, your kids will enjoy playing with its parts, taken right from The Cat in the Hat: cake, ball, book, fish, gown, fan, rake, toy man and boat.
Dr. Seuss Matching Game
- Shuffle cards and place them face-down without looking.
- One at a time, players turn over any two cards to try to see if they match. If they match, the player keeps the cards and takes another turn. If the cards do not match, they’re turned back over and the next player gives it a try.
- The player who collects the most pairs wins.
Dr. Seuss B-I-N-G-O
Set up the game:
- Download and print free templates for a family game of Dr. Seuss B-I-N-G-O!
- Print one blank bingo game card for each player.
- Print one page of Dr. Seuss images for each player. Print an extra page of images for the call sheet.
- Each player cuts out twenty-five of the images and glues them in random order onto the twenty-five squares of the blank game card, leaving the center space blank.
- Cut out all of the images on the call sheet and place them in a bowl.
How to play:
- Each player can place a penny, bean or token on the empty middle space (the free space).
- Select one person to be the caller.
- The caller pulls one image at a time from the bowl and holds it up for everyone to see.
- Any player who has the called image covers it with a token.
- The caller continues to pull images from the bowl until one player gets 5 in a row (down, across or diagonally) and yells Bingo!