4. Patriotic 4th of July paper plate noisemakers
- Two white paper plates
- Hot glue gun
- Star template
- X-ACTO Gripster Knife
- Red and blue cardstock
- Glue pen
- Dried pasta or dried beans
- Ribbon (optional)
- Place the star template on the cardstock and use the knife to carefully cut out the star shape.
- Use the glue pen to adhere the star to the underside of one paper plate.
- Decorate both plates with markers and let dry.
- Lay one of the paper plates on a hard surface (decorated side down) and fill it with dried pasta or dried beans.
- With the hot glue gun, carefully apply glue around the edge of the paper plate.
- Quickly and carefully place a folded piece of ribbon on the hot glue near the bottom of the plate (optional).
- Quickly and carefully place the second paper plate on top of the first (right sides together) to seal the paper plates together.
- Let dry.
Safety reminder: Hot glue guns and X-ACTO knives should be used by adults only!
Originally published June 2012. Updated June 2016.