Fourth of July marks the middle of summer, and it’s also a time when most kids are getting particularly itchy because they’ve been out of school for more than a month. Besides the fireworks and the hot dogs, this patriotic holiday is the perfect opportunity to keep your kids busy (and we mean busy) with four totally adorable crafts that they’ll be proud to make.
1. 4th of July star wand
- Red, white and blue cardstock
- Star templates in sizes small, medium and large
- Popsicle stick
- Hot glue gun
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Permanent Dot Runner
- X-ACTO Decorative Shape templates
- X-ACTO Gripster Knife
- Place the large star template on a red piece of cardstock and use the knife to carefully cut out the shape.
- Next, place the medium star template on a white piece of cardstock and use the knife to carefully cut out the shape. Repeat with the small star template and blue cardstock.
- Use the Elmer’s Craft Bond Permanent Dot Runner to adhere the white star onto the red star and then the blue star onto the white star.
- Cut three, 18-inch pieces of ribbon, then fold each piece of ribbon in half.
- Carefully glue the folded ribbon and the Popsicle stick to the back of the red star with the hot glue gun and let dry.
Next Up: Patriotic handprint flag