More new baby gear for 2012
While we're only a few months into 2012, this year continues to bring some of the best and most desired baby gear to parents and lucky babies all over the U.S. Check out some of the recently released baby gear and find out why we love them so much.
Peg Perego Siesta high chair
The Peg Perego Siesta is the newest high chair on the market. The multi-function design of the Siesta grows with your baby from birth thanks to the near flat recline and adjustable footrest. The Siesta is a compact and lightweight option that has an innovative Stop-and-Go feature — no more stubbing your toe on wheel locks, just push the buttons on both sides of the chair to wheel it all over your house.
- Prima Classe upholstery is stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- Five-position tilt in space recline allows for use with a newborn, infant, toddler and beyond.
- Nine different height positions make the Siesta perfect for use against the family table — with the tray removed and stored on the frame of the high chair.
- The storage net on the back of the seat is perfect for holding bibs, utensils or high-chair toys.
- The dishwasher-safe tray liner easily pops out of the main tray and gives parents two tray options.
- The compact, locking fold makes storing and transporting the Siesta a breeze.
Britax B-Agile double stroller
Available: May 2012
Big news from Britax as they have just announced their very first side-by-side double stroller, the Britax B-Agile double stroller. Following in the footsteps of its popular little brother, the Britax B-Agile single stroller, this new double is packed with practical features for both parents and children.
Parents will love:
- Height-adjustable handlebar
- Quick-and-easy fold
Children will love:
- Padded, supportive seats with an infinite recline
- Accommodates children up to 50 pounds per seat
- Extra large individual canopies with mesh peek-a-boo windows
- All-wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Linked parking brake
- Five-point no-rethread harness
- Large under basket with access from the back or front leg rest zipper
- Large mesh storage pocket on the back of each seat
Everything from the popular Stokke brand brings baby higher and closer to his or her parents — and there’s no exception with the new Stokke MyCarrier. The MyCarrier has a simple, interchangeable design made to grow with your child from birth to 33 pounds. The built-in Happy Hips technology seats your baby in an ergonomic position when he or she is riding in the back carry position or front carry position, facing inward. Stokke also knows how much babies love to see out, so they gave families the option to carry baby in the front carry position facing outward — while still properly and safely supporting baby’s bottom.
- Ergonomic design for both parents and child.
- The MyCarrier is made to fit every body type without the need for additional accessories.
- The parent harness features a removable aluminum back support to be used in the back carry position.
- 100-percent cotton and free from harmful chemicals.
- Parent pockets on both side of the carrier body are perfect for keys and other small essentials.
- Weight range: 7.7 pounds – 33 pounds
- Height range: 21 inches – 28 inches
Baby Cargo 300 Series stroller
A big welcome to Baby Cargo, the newest brand of baby gear! Baby Cargo currently manufactures high-end umbrella strollers packed with must-have features. The Baby Cargo 300 Series boasts a lightweight, modern frame and embossed fabrics with bold, custom colors. The practical features on the 300 Series will make this umbrella stroller a parent favorite in no time.
- Ultra-light black matte aluminum frame is easy to wipe clean and rust-free.
- The tailored seat fabrics are easy to clean.
- A compact, quick fold makes the 300 Series easy to travel with or for use as an everyday stroller.
- The 300 Series accommodates babies from birth to 50 pounds and weighs only 14.9 pounds.
4Moms Origami stroller
This game-changing stroller may already be available, but it continues to take the world by storm! With a three-dimensional power fold, the 4Moms Origami stroller has it all — practicality, color, safety, elegance, power and smart technology. With a touch of a button, this smart stroller folds all on its own. How does it work? As you stroll around town, the generators in the rear wheels charge the stroller — and with an additional accessory, it has the ability to charge your smart phone, too! Your pushing powers the stroller, but have no fear, you can override the automatic fold and unfold or plug it into an outlet if needed.
- The Origami features two cup holders in the parent handlebar and two cup holders inside the seat.
- The reflective piping, combined with the daytime running lights, make it extra safe for day and night use.
- All-wheel suspension gives Baby a smoother ride and provides parents with better maneuverability.
- The large ergonomic seat accommodates children from six months to 40 pounds.
- The Origami accommodates newborns with the use of the optional Graco car seat adapter.
Orbit Baby Toddler car seat G2
The new Orbit Baby toddler car seat G2 is here and is causing quite a scene — a good scene! With the innovative back-saving rotation feature, this car seat can be used with your Orbit Baby stroller frame, docked into your car from nearly any angle, and then rotated to lock in the rear-facing position. It can also remain in your car on the car seat base and rotate to the side allowing you to easily and effortlessly place your baby in the car seat before rotating it to the rear-facing position.
- Like all other Orbit Baby gear, the toddler car seat G2 is certified free of Brominated Flame Retardants and other toxic chemicals.
- The patent-pending BeltKeeper features conveniently hold the five-point harness and crotch belt out of the way while you place your child in the seat.
- The toddler seat G2 has extensive side-impact safety features for ultimate safety.
- The removable, adjustable UV-protective sunshade optional accessory can be used on the toddler car seat G2 or stored neatly in the rear compartment of the seat.
- For forward-facing use or for use without the optional docking base, the toddler car seat G2 comes complete with color-coded side brackets.
- Rear-facing weight range: 15 – 35 pounds
- Forward-facing weight range: 20 – 65 pounds
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Sip 5–70 convertible car seat
One of the most popular infant car seats now has a cousin, the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 5–70 convertible car seat. With a rear-facing weight limit of 45 pounds and a forward-facing weight limit of 70 pounds, this could be the only car seat you may ever need or want.
- The side impact protection (SIP) protects your child’s head, neck and spine with 10 easy-adjustable positions.
- The Shock Absorbing Foam Element (SAFE) device is located just below the car seat shell and crumbles in the event of an accident, which reduces the stress on a child’s shoulders and neck.
- The energy-absorbing foam and contoured steel back plate also protect the child from impact forces.
- The removable infant cushion is for use from five to 22 pounds and helps to place Baby in the proper position while in the seat.
- LATCH installation for rear-facing and forward-facing positions.