Folded heart Valentine’s Day mouse
Whether you keep as a decoration or give as a sweet Valentine’s Day momento, your child will adore crafting a heart-shaped mouse.
- Red card stock paper
- Pink card stock or construction paper
- Red pipe cleaner
- White glue
- Wiggle eye
- Black marker
- First, fold your red card stock in half. Starting at the folded line and cutting towards the open side, help your youngster cut out a half of a heart shape that will open up to a full-sized heart. There’s no right or wrong size when it comes to this craft for kids, so long as it makes a general heart shape.
- Using the scraps from the red card stock paper, cut out a smaller heart using the same technique to form the ear for the Valentine’s Day craft mouse. Repeat with pink card stock, creating a slightly smaller heart to fit inside the small heart and glue the 2 hearts together.
- Next, fold the large heart in half again and adhere a half of a length of red pipe cleaner to the inside of the heart to form a tail. At this point you’ll also want to glue the heart shape in half permanently.
- Now, glue the heart ear and a wiggle eye to the pointy side of the half-heart shape.
- Finally, use the black marker to draw on a little mouse nose and whiskers to the pointy side of the half-heart shape and your Valentine’s Day craft for kids is ready for love!
Next Up: Salt dough conversation hearts