4. 3-D snowman
This Christmas craft can be a little sticky, but don’t all children love playing with cotton balls and glue? Sit back and watch kiddos’ eyes light up at the chance to get messy — and then light up again at the sight of the finished craft project.
- White card stock paper
- Black card stock paper
- Orange card stock paper
- Cotton balls or white pom-pom craft balls
- Craft glue
- Shallow bowl
- Craft stick or hard paintbrush
- Cut 3 circles from the white paper — small, medium and large.
- Cut 1 square, 1 long, thin rectangle and 5 tiny circles from the black paper.
- Cut 1 triangle from the orange paper.
- Fill the shallow bowl with a mixture of craft glue and water (3 parts glue to 1 part water).
- Glue the 3 white circles together to create the snowman’s body.
- Glue the long, thin black rectangle and black square together to make the top hat.
- Glue the top hat to the top of the snowman’s head.
- Dip the craft stick into the glue and coat the white circles with the glue mixture.
- Place the cotton balls or pom-poms all over the snowman’s body.
- Glue the tiny black circles on the snowman’s face as eyes.
- Glue the orange triangle on the snowman’s face as a nose.
- Glue the remaining tiny black circles on the snowman’s body.
Next up: Foam Christmas ornaments