Names with angelic meanings
The following baby names are unique and lovely — and they all have “angelic” meanings.
- Aingeal: Irish girl name meaning “angel”
- Erela: Hebrew girl name meaning “angel”
- Erelah: Hebrew girl name meaning “angel”
- Malayeka: Arabic girl name meaning “angel”
- D’Angelo: Italian boy name meaning “from the angel”
- Engelbert: German boy name meaning “bright as an angel”
- Serafim: Hebrew boy name meaning “an angel-like being”
- Seraphina: Hebrew girl name meaning “fiery-winged”
- Angelique: French girl name meaning “like an angel”
- Faida: Icelandic girl name meaning “wings that are folded”
- Evangeline: Greek girl name meaning “bringer of good news”
Famous angels in movies
Some of our most beloved characters are angels in movies and TV shows. Here are just a few of our favorites.
- Clarence: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Tess: Touched by an Angel
- Monica: Touched by an Angel
- Archangel Michael: Michael
- Dudley: The Preacher’s Wife
- Seth: City of Angels
- Bartleby: Dogma
- Loki: Dogma
- Gabriel: Constantine
A version of this story was originally published in December 2011.
For more inspiration, what about a baby name inspired by their zodiac sign?