Looking for a way to help your kids shower your parents on Grandparents Day? From activities for grandparents and grandkids that offer a peek into your parents’ past to craft ideas that are easy to do, check out these four Grandparents Day crafts and activities for kids.
Expose your children to activities for bonding with their grandparents while creating a family heirloom.
- Tape recorder
- Construction paper or card stock
- Pen, markers, pencil, stickers, ribbon and other items to decorate the book
- Old photographs of grandparents
- Have your youngster record his interview with Grandma and Grandpa while asking questions about their childhood, such as:
- Where were you born?
- What were your favorite games and activities?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Did you have a pet when you were growing up?
- As a teen, when was your curfew?
- What was your first job?
Personalized coffee mug
Create the perfect keepsake designed by your youngster for a functional and fun Grandparents Day gift with this unique and creative craft idea.
- Plain ceramic coffee mug
- Permanent markers
- Help your kiddos customize the coffee mug with nicknames, doodles or messages of love for a personalized cup of love that is both sentimental and functional thanks to permanent markers.
- Place the decorated mugs in a cold oven. Heat the oven up to 350 degrees F and bake the mugs at that temperature for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the mugs from the oven with an oven mitt and allow them to cool.