B.O.B. Trailers, Inc., manufacturer of the very popular B.O.B. jogging stroller, has issued a voluntary recall in cooperation with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission of over 330,000 single and double jogging strollers. Keep reading for the details, including the hazard and what you need to do if you have a B.O.B. Jogging Stroller.
The manufacturer has voluntarily recalled eleven models of B.O.B. single and double jogging strollers. In total, approximately 337,000 B.O.B strollers have been recalled in the United States and 20,000 in Canada.
The following strollers and serial number ranges are included in the recall:
- Sport Utility Stroller: 12362 – 35107 and AA00001 – AA025490
- Sport Utility Stroller D’Luxe: 12362 – 35107 and AB000001 – AB007940
- Sport Utility Duallie: 002001 – 008068 and AD000001 – AD011252
- Ironman Duallie: AE000001 – AE008909
- Ironman: 800000 – 803700 and AC000001- AC027923
- Stroller Strides: AG000001 – AG011163
- Stroller Strides Duallie: AM000001 – AM003229
- Revolution: AF000001 – AF189112
- Revolution 12″: AK000001 – AK024149
- Revolution Duallie: AH000001 – AH072921
- Revolution Duallie 12″: AL000001 – AL012657
You can find the serial number of your B.O.B. stroller on the stroller’s right rear leg — stamped in the frame or on a white label.
Reason for recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPSC) received a report of an eleven month old infant becoming tangled around her neck in the drawstring. The baby was untangled by her mom.
However, it has been determined that the drawstring poses a strangulation hazard to children and babies riding in the stroller. (The drawstring is located at the rear of the canopy and is used to gather excess material when the canopy is opened. It is orange/yellow.)
What should you do?
The USCPSC advises parents to immediately stop using the B.O.B. stroller until the hazard is removed. If you only use the stroller with no separate pieces, you can simply remove the drawstring to eliminate the hazard. Visit Bob Canopy for removal instructions.
If you use either the optional weather shield accessory or the optional sun shield accessory, you need to order a retrofit kit. You can also do that on the Bob Canopy website.
Need more info?
You can call B.O.B. Trailers at 1-855-242-2245. Phone hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard.
You can also check the following websites: