Celebrity virtue names
Celebrties love virtue baby names as middle names! This is a great way include a wonderful virtue name into your child’s full name. Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer and ex-husband Corey Simms named their twin daughters Aliannah Hope and Aleeah Grace (often called Gracie). Messer then gave her third daughter (with ex-husband Jeremy Calvert) the name Adalynn Faith.
Here are more examples:
- Daisy True: Meg Ryan’s daughter
- Heavely Joy: Producer Rodney Jerkins’s daughter
- Megan Hope: Actress Alison Sweeney’s daughter
- Adelaide Marie Hope: Katherine Heigl’s daughter
- Ava Grace: Melissa Rycroft’s daughter
- Arthur Saint: Selma Blair’s son
- Bastian Kick: Jeremy Sisto’s son
- Mateo Bravery: Benjamin Bratt’s son
- Noah Wilde: Chyler Leigh’s son
- Phyllon Joy: Doutzen Kroes’ son
- Shaya Braven: Brooke Burke and David Charvet’s son
- Zuma Nesta Rock: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s son
Weird virtue names
Although Puritans used some of these unusual names, they would not go over well in modern times. Some examples of names that Puritans actually used include Fear, Hate-Evil (why would you do this to your child?!), Temperance, Silence and Obedience.
Before settling on a unique baby name, make sure you consider how your child will be perceived with the name. For instance, a son with the name Dare might be, well, dared to do activities you would not want him to do. However, may a son named Lucky will go on to win the lottery? Will your daughter Patience have this characteristic as she goes through life?
Before you go, check out our slideshow below:
Originally published Jan. 2013. Updated Aug. 2016.