Many parents are choosing spiritual names for their baby boys. They’re strong names, and can provide a direct connection to their religious faith. Many boy names, such as Jacob, Ethan and Daniel, are all Hebrew or biblical names and have been on the top of the Social Security’s top baby name list for many years. Of course, spiritual names also include names linked to other faiths, as well as names that list a virtue. Check out our inspiring list of spiritual boy baby names.
Biblical boy baby names
The Bible is rich with unique, strong baby names that pay tribute to religious faith. Here are some of our top picks:
Celebrity spiritual names
Many celebrities have jumped on board the spiritual baby name trend – and we’re not surprised. Not only are spiritual names rich in meaning, many are also unique.
Check out our top picks of celebrity spiritual baby names:
- Asher Liam: Son of CNN anchor Campbell Brown. From the Old Testament, meaning “happiness.”
- Isaiah Timothy: Son of The View host Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Means “The Lord is generous; salvation of the Lord; God’s helper.”
- Ezekiel Czar: Son of actress Tisha Campbell-Martin; Ezekiel is a Hebrew name meaning “strength of God”
- Shaya: Son of Brooke Burke and David Charvet. Means “God’s gift.”
- Elijah: Bono and Cher both gave their respective sons this name, after the Old Testament prophet.
- Zion: Singer Lauryn Hill named her son after this synonym for the Holy Land
- Dhani: Beatles star George Harrison named his son this Sanskrit name
- Deacon: Son of Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe
- Moses: Son of Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay’s Chris Martin
- Gabriel: Son of Daniel Day-Lewis
Hebrew boy names
Naming your baby a Hebrew name is a great way to tribute your Jewish heritage. Even if you are not Jewish, you will find many strong and spiritual names among the list. Hebrew boy names hold a permanent spot at the top of poplar baby name lists. Here are some of our favorites: