Nadya Suleman’s birth of octuplets surprised the world. But what did she look like during pregnancy? Seriously — how big would that pregnant belly need to be to have room for 8 babies?!
What does carrying 8 babies look like? The octuplets’ mom (aka Octomom) Nadya Suleman showed TMZ.com how she looked just over a week before giving birth on January 26, 2009.
Here’s a front-view of Nadya Suleman’s heavily pregnant belly with an incredible eight people inside:
And here, Nadya Suleman (aka Octomom) shows off her octuplets before birth in this side-view photo, taken at about 29 weeks of pregnancy.
Octomom’s pregnancy & birth
The now infamous “Octo-mom” Nadya Suleman was put on bed rest when she was 23 weeks pregnant, and delivered the eight tiny babies at 30 weeks. Born 10 weeks premature, the newborn octuplets weighed between 1 pound, 8 ounces and 3 pounds, 4 ounces.
Suleman was implanted with 6 embryos via IVF (in-vitro fertilization). She was thought to be carrying 7 babies (one embryo split into twins), which would have meant septuplets. But after the first seven preemies were born, the doctor — and everyone else in the delivery room — was surprised to find that there was an eighth baby still inside.
>> Pregnancy – Twins and Multiples
For the octuplets’ names, she gave each of them Biblical first names, then they all have the middle name Angel, followed by her last name.
1. Noah Angel Solomon (boy)
2. Jonah Angel Solomon (boy)
3. Jeremiah Angel Solomon (boy)
4. Josiah Angel Soloman (boy)
5. Isaiah Angel Solomon (boy)
6. Maliyah Angel Solomon (girl)
7. Makai Angel Solomon (boy)
8. Nariyah Angel Solomon (girl)
Together with her other 6 children (ages 8 and under), Suleman is now the single mom of 14 kids.
More on Octomom, Nadya Suleman
- Nadia Suleman sells used undies at garage sale
- Octomom Nadya Suleman has a $450000 mortgage
- I went to school with Octomom! – SheKnows Message Boards
- Fertility treatments after Octomom: Lessons learned and tips on infertility
- Octomom Nadya Suleman gets her own reality show