Now that the busiest shopping time of the year is upon us, toy makers across the globe have unveiled their newest, hippest and hottest toys to hit the market. Find out about the hottest toys and electronics for kids and teens.
Cool gifts for cool kids
Before you brave the crowds or surf the web for that perfect gift for the kid in your life, make sure you’re armed with the knowledge of this season’s “in” toys and gadgets.
Hottest toys for Christmas, 2012
Furby (Hasbro, $60) — Check out Hasbro’s update on your favorite furry friend. This fun, interactive toy robot comes in a variety of colors.
WWE Brawlin’ Buddies (Mattel, $30) — These large, soft-body figures are one of the hit toys of the season. They speak catchphrases, make grunting and impact sounds and are great for roughhousing.
Fijit Friends Yippits (Toys “R” Us, $40) — Everyone coveted Mattel’s Fijit friends last year, and this year it’s more of the same with the Yippits.
Master Moves Mickey (Walmart, $60) — The latest movin’ and groovin’ Mickey from Fisher-Price combines 15 different dance moves into his original combinations.
Monster High — High School Playset (Toys “R” Us, $90) — If your girls are into the Monster High craze, you can’t beat this elaborate, fold-up playset. It features six play areas, including the iconic locker hallway and the Creepateria.
More hot toys for 2012 Christmas
- Disney Doc McStuffins Time for Your Check Up Doll (Toys “R” Us, $40)
- Disney Princess Cinderella’s Transforming Pumpkin Carriage (Mattel, $50)
- Hot Wheels RC Terrain Twister (Toys “R” Us, $100)
- Imaginext Eagle Talon Castle (Walmart, $50)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates “Bucky” Ship (Toys “R” Us, $45)
- Lalaloopsy Harmony B Sharp (Amazon, $70)
- LEGO Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle Play Set (Walmart, $106)
- Matchbox Cliff Hanger Playsets (Mattel, $16 and up)
- Micro Chargers Time Track (Toys “R” Us, $35)
- Novi Stars Dolls (Toys “R” Us, $20)
- 1D Collector Dolls (Amazon, $22)
Tablets for kids
It’s not just adults who love their tablets — kids love them too. This Christmas, you have a variety of tablets to choose from for your little ones. Some of the hottest new tablets for kids include the Kurio (Kurio World, $150), LeapFrog LeapPad 2 (Leap Frog, $100), VTech Innotab 2 (V Tech, $80) and Tabeo (Toys “R” Us, $150).
Check out more tablets for kids >>
Gadgets for teens
We all know how much teens love their gadgets and electronics. You can’t go wrong with the new iPhone 5 (Apple, $199 and up) or the latest iPad for your teen. Also consider gaming systems, like the Nintendo Wii U (Nintendo, $300+) or PlayStation Vita (PlayStation, $250).