Make a tissue paper heart decoration
For Valentine's Day, why not make a simple and sweet tissue paper heart to decorate with? This craft is fun to do with kids, but adults will find it fun to make, too!
- Recycled cardboard (get a piece that is as large as you want your heart to be)
- Tissue paper in white, pink, red, or various colors
- White glue
Here's what to do:
- Cut out a heart shape from the cardboard. (If you're doing this project with children, mom should do the cutting part.) If you need a pattern, you can download this heart template, or fold some paper in half to cut out a comma shape to make a symmetrical heart. If you'd like to make a more wreath-like heart, you can cut an additional heart from the center of your cardboard shape, leaving just a heart-shaped border.
- Cut or tear the tissue paper into similar-sized squares.
- For each tissue paper square, place it over the eraserside of your pencil. Twist the tissue around forming a cone-like shape. Place a dot of glue ont he "eraser" end of the tissue paper, and place it onto the cardboard. You can use your pencil as a tool to help you place your tissue onto the cardboard.
- Place your tissue paper "cones" close together to really cover the cardboard area -- it will look like a beautiful bouquet when you're done.
To make a heart like the one shown here, use white for the center of the heart, and pink for the border. Or, use your imagination! Make stripes, polka dots, or use multiple colors on your heart.
These decorations look especially nice on doors. Enjoy displaying it for Valentine's Day!