This fall welcome sign craft can be put together very quickly, and does not require any special painting skills — yet it looks quite lovely hanging on your door!
What you need
Paper mache wall or door hanging with string
Fall leaf stickers
Acrylic paints: Sunflower, white and black
Black fine-tip marker
Fine liner paint brush
Acrylic sealer spray
What you do
Note: You can find pretty fall leaf stickers in the scrapbook aisle of your local craft supply store.
- Paint entire paper mache plaque with Sunflower paint. Let dry and repeat for a second coat. Let dry completely.
- Apply stickers to plaque, making sure you leave room for the word “Welcome.”
- Use the black marker to write the word “Welcome” across the plaque.
- Use thinned white paint and a fine liner brush to outline the sides of each letter.
- Dip the bristle tips of a toothbrush into some black paint that has been lightly thinned with a few drops of water. (Test your splattering ability on a piece of scrap paper before doing this on your project.) Hold toothbrush horizontally and drag your finger across the bristles, causing the paint to splatter spots wherever you aim it. When you are comfortable with this method, go ahead and splatter the entire surface of the plaque with black paint. Repeat this process with white paint and allow to dry completely.
- When dry, apply a coat of acrylic sealer spray. Repeat and let dry.
More fall crafts
Easy, cheap fall crafts
Leave a Comment