How to plan a party: Step by step instructions
Planning a party can become an overwhelming event, if everything is put off to the last minute. Therefore, we have come up with a surefire way to help you plan for your event, without adding any more stress to your everyday life!
Four to six weeks before the BIG DAY!
- Choose a theme.
- Make a guest list
- Pick a date and time.
- Decide if it will be indoors or outside.
- Decide if you will have it at home, go to a park, or pay for a hall.
- Decide on the day's activities; what time to eat, what games to play, what crafts to do, etc.
- Order your party supplies; including favors, decorations, wrapping paper, tape, plates, plasticware, cups, and piñatas.
- Order your entertainment; get written receipts and read those contracts. (i.e. music and dj, magician, clown, farm animals, balloon bouncer, etc.)
Three weeks before the BIG DAY!
- Send out invitations; asking for RSVP's by a certain date and time. Place a list of those you invited next to the phone to record RSVP's.
- Go over directions for the games and make sure you have everything.
- Go over directions for the crafts and make sure you have everything.
- Go out and purchase anything you may be missing for games and crafts.
- Solicit help from family members and friends. (i.e. clean up, games, taking pictures, answering phones and doors)
Two weeks before the BIG DAY!
- If you haven't received any RSVP's, call to make sure they are coming.
- Confirm your helpers can still attend and what their duties will be.
- Pick out prizes for games and wrap them.
- Order the cake.
- Confirm your entertainment. If this is an adult party, hire your babysitter.
One week before the BIG DAY!
- Call all confirmed guests and remind them of the big day, double checking directions.
- Purchase film, batteries, video tape and back up disposable film.
- Purchase food and candies.
- Make up the goodie bags based on confirmations.
- Prepare the crafts and games.
One day before the BIG DAY!
Prepare your foods ahead of time. If anything can be cooked and reheated, now is the time. In the evening, when everyone is in bed, clean the house and set up the party spot. (If you rented a hall, you can usually ask to get in the night before, provided they haven't a morning event. If you are going to a park, you'll just have to wait till the morning of the event, sorry.)
Day of the BIG DAY!
- Pick up the cake.
- Blow up and set out balloons four hours before the event.
- Shower, get dressed, ready the kids.
- HAVE FUN!
Week after the BIG DAY!
Send out thank you notes to all the helpers and those who gave gifts!