Of all the qualities we want our daughters to have, courage has to be up there near the top of the list, right? It’s a big, old, scary world out there. So what better way to start your little girl’s life than by giving her a name that, every time she reads or writes it, reminds her how important it is to have a backbone to survive?
Unsurprisingly, there are way more boy names meaning “courage” than there are girl names. Some of the girl names — strong as they are — are simply feminine forms of boy names, such as Arthuretta, Arthurina, Arthurine (feminine forms of Arthur) and Berneen and Bernelle (feminine forms of Bernard).
However, there are many other interesting baby names that might just empower your little girl to kick some serious ass.
Baby girl names meaning “courage”
- Dhriti (Indian, meaning “courage,” “morale”)
- Drea (Greek, meaning “courageous”)
- Nadezhda (German, meaning “the courage of a bear”)
- Ondrea (Slovakian, meaning “courageous”)
- Seentahna (Indian, meaning “strength and courage”)
- Yong (Korean, meaning “courage”)
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: