Regal baby boy names that are royally perfect for your little guy
For a name befitting your future royal highness, the regal roster offers a rich selection, spanning several hundred years of royal history.
If you want a traditional British name for your baby boy, you can't get much more British than a monarchical name. Look back through the history of the royal family and you'll find a plethora of Georges, Williams and Edwards, the names of the three British kings. The most recent George in the Windsor family is of course Prince George, firstborn child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Queen Victoria had four sons, and thanks to the royals' love of multiple middle names, they provide several options for a royal boy name.
Current British royal names
Don't fancy Edward, William or George? The other males in the royal family have traditional names that have been popular for centuries.
Combining trend with royal tradition
James, Harry and Charlie, other names from the male side of the Windsor family, have been in the top 10 baby boy names in England and Wales for several years, while Michael was the No. 1 American baby boy name for almost half a century, before slipping to No. 7 in the list in 2014.
European royal baby names
For something a little different, there are plenty of unusual boy names that still have a royal heritage. The European monarchies provide baby name ideas that are outside of the norm.
- Prince Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie of Belgium
- Prince Henrik Marie Jean André of Denmark
- Frederik André Henrik Christian, crown prince of Denmark
- Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John of Denmark
- Prince Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander of Denmark
- Prince Joachim Holger Waldemar Christian of Denmark
- Prince Nikolai William Alexander Frederik of Denmark
- Prince Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian of Denmark
- Prince Sébastien Henri Marie Guillaume of Luxembourg
- Haakon, crown prince of Norway
Russian royal names
The Russian royal family offer something a little different — names that combine history, grandeur and tradition with exoticism.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: