Beautiful baby names for girls that mean 'gift'
These beautiful baby names for girls all mean "gift" or "blessing," and the variety of name origins in this special collection can give your baby name list a boost.
These incredible baby names have one thing in common: They all mean either "gift" or "blessing." So when we give birth to a baby and it seems like we've been granted an unbelievable gift, it makes sense to use those feelings of gratitude to look for the perfect baby name.
This collection of baby girl names is really special. It comes from a bevy of linguistic backgrounds, giving a unique lilt to each name as it rolls across your tongue. Many hail from Welsh or Greek word elements, both of which lend features to the names that are memorable to both the eye and the ear.
If you're looking for a pretty and unique name for your baby girl, one of these "gift" names should do the trick. And best yet, you'll have an unforgettable story to tell when asked why you chose that name — you can tell your child you selected it because you felt very blessed that you were given such a significant gift when she was born.
- Adora: This name comes from several languages (Greek, Old German and Latin) and means "a gift, beloved"
- Aeronwen: This name with Welsh roots means "fair, blessed"
- Aldora: This gorgeous Greek name means "winged gift"
- Anjali: From Sanskrit, this means "gift, offering"
- Asenath: Meaning "gift of Isis," this name has Egyptian origins
- Beatrice: This Latin name means "blessed"
- Branwen: This name may possibly mean "white, blessed raven"
- Carwen: Another Welsh name, this means "love, fair, blessed"
- Ceri: This pretty name means "fair, blessed poetry"
- Charisma: This name with Greek roots means "blessing"
- Chiquita: Although associated in modern times with the banana brand, this name means "little gift"
- Daryn: This unusual name means "gift" and has Greek roots
- Dora: This is another name with Greek origins meaning "gift"
- Dorothy: This charming name means "gift of God" and has Greek roots
- Eirwen: This Welsh name means "blessed snow"
- Elodie: Meaning "riches, blessings," this name also comes from the Greek language
- Grace: Meaning "favor, blessing," this name has Latin roots
- Hadiya: This name is based on an Arabic element that means "gift"
- Jahzara: Meaning "blessed princess," this name has African roots
- Liora: A melodic name, this means "God's gift of light to me"
- Macaria: From Spanish and Greek, we have a gorgeous name meaning "blessed"
- Matana: This Hebrew name means "gift"
- Mattea: This is the feminine version of the name Matthew — both mean "gift of God"
- Olga: This traditional Scandinavian name means "blessed, holy, successful"
- Shaya: From Hebrew and Farsi roots, this name means "gift of God, worthy"
Before you go, check out our slideshow below: