Beautiful baby names for boys that mean 'wild'
If you're expecting a baby boy, you're likely seeking out the best name for him. Why not give him a unique name that means "wild"?
Children, in general, can be a little wild. Eager. Curious. Enthusiastic. You may know a little boy or two who can be described with these colorful words. This can make for an attractive moniker if you dive deep into the meanings of certain names.
Many parents choose a baby name because it sounds awesome. Sometimes they wish to honor a loved one, but parents also choose names because they sound strong, or intelligent, or just plain cool. Others, though, look a little further into what makes up a baby name, and as names often have roots in a certain language or culture, there are meanings hidden within that you can uncover for a point of genius inspiration.
Whether you expect your son to greet the world with ardent abandon or not, these baby names for boys may be precisely what you're hoping for.
- Arden: This unique name has Latin roots and means "ardent, enthusiastic"
- Bolivar: A name of Spanish and Polish roots, this name means "mighty, warlike"
- Devlin: Of Irish and Gaelic origins, this means "fierce courage"
- Fagan: Meaning "little ardent one," this name has Irish and Gaelic roots
- Gael: This name comes from an Old Celtic word that means "wild"
- Garvan: This Gaelic name means "rough"
- Garvey: Meaning "rough peace," this name has Irish and Gaelic roots
- Girvin: This is another Irish and Gaelic name that means "small rough one"
- Gwalchmai: This Welsh name means "battle hawk"
- Ignatius: This name may possibly mean "ardent, burning"
- Keegan: Another Irish name, this means "ardent"
- Larkin: Meaning "rough or fierce," this name has Irish roots
- Lorcan: Meaning "little fierce one," this name too has Irish roots
- Lunn: Another Irish and Gaelic name, this means "strong, warlike"
- Rowdon: This name has English roots and means "rough hill"
- Sassacus: Meaning "wild man," this name has Native American origins
- Silvestre: Derived from words that means "rustic, wild," this has Spanish origins
- Tyr: Of Old Norse origin, this name refers to an ancient Norse god who was brave and bold
- Wilden: An English name, this means "wild"
- Wilmore: This name comes from words meaning "uncultivated, wild"