I have been a human girl for 40 years, but it took another human girl — a 2-year-old — to teach me what I needed to learn.
1. Strength comes in all shapes and sizes, even from a size 2.Giphy
2. If you look hard enough, wonder is everywhereGiphy
3. Take the time to find your happy — one that is just yours.
This took me a while. I always felt guilty. But, now I run and I write a food blog I am really proud of. I don’t apologize for it either. Mostly.Giphy
4. When possible, cook as though it is your last meal and listen to music in the kitchen.Giphy
5. Give yourself a break. Having a bad day is different than being a bad person or parent.Giphy
More: 5 Very real lessons motherhood taught me this year
6. Be curious.Giphy
7. Cry. Sometimes the only thing to get the stains out is salt water. And then laugh.Giphy
8. Not every “rule” applies. Follow your gut and trust you know more than you think.Giphy
9. It is too much to ask of a single person to be everything you need, that’s why we have friends and family and Google.Giphy
10. Poo washes off. Literally and metaphorically.Giphy
And one more…