Black Friday: Love it or hate it? Some people thrive on the excitement of the pushing and shoving and the 3 a.m. lines. Others wouldn’t be caught dead in the stores the day after Thanksgiving, no matter what kind of amazing Black Friday toy deals are to be had.
Thanks to the Internet, you can partake of Black Friday deals with a little less madness this year thanks to advance planning and our list of all the holiday toy sales you just can’t miss.
Whether you’re a stay-at-home shopper or a fight-the-crazy-crowds shopper, here are some amazing deals on toys that will help you plan your shopping strategy and get the most bang for your buck.
You can skip the crowds and shop Amazon’s Black Friday deals week, but it still involves a bit of adventure. They’re offering thousands of limited-time lightning deals for you to choose from, exciting deals of the day, and huge savings on toys. The limited-supply deals go quickly, and they continue to add new deals as often as every 5 minutes.
Lots of doorbusters and deals at Target, so get there early. Deals include:
- Buy one, get one half off on top brands including Disney, Hot Wheels and Nerf
- $50 life-size action figurines including Star Wars stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Michelangelo or Leonardo (originally $100)
- $30 for Barbie Big Box (originally $60)
- $30 Wacky Trax marble run (originally $50)
The gamer in your life will love you for snagging these sweet deals:
- $50 off any new XBox One console
- $50 off Uncharted 4 500GB Playstation 4 bundle or Gears of War 4 XBox One blue 500GB bundle
- Buy 2 get 1 free on all pre-owned products
If you’re still looking for deals on video games and gaming systems, check out Best Buy.
- $25 for select video games
- $300 for XBox One Battlefield 1 special edition console bundle (save $50)
- $250 for PlayStation 4 Uncharted 4 console bundle (save $50)
Online savings at Sam’s Club start Thanksgiving Day and stores open at 7 a.m. on Black Friday. Deals stay on until Nov. 27. Some highlights include:
- $50 for Schwinn 16 inch bikes (originally $80)
- $100 off Lifetime adventure tower swing set
Walgreens is open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and all Black Friday sales prices are valid Nov. 24 through Nov. 26. Their ad shows the following discounts:
- 50 percent off select kids’ toys, including Play-Doh, Cabbage Patch and Barbie
- 25 percent off Disney princess dolls
- Buy 1 get 1 free Nerf toys
Shop Kohl’s Black Friday deals online now and earn $15 Kohl’s Cash when you spend $50. But be careful! The Kohl’s cash earned is redeemable only from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6. Black Friday deals are available in-store starting Thursday at 6 p.m. Black Friday deals include:
- $300 for Jetson V5 active balance scooter, doorbuster price (originally $380)
- $60 Fischer Price Paw Patrol mini quad (originally $95)
- $80 Little Tikes “My First Bouncer” (originally $140)
Little Passports is a subscription service that sends fun and engaging products every month that cater to kids 3 to 14 (you personalize each box when you sign up). For Black Friday, they’re offering a savings of 60 percent on the first month of any subscription using the code “BLACK60” (valid Nov. 22 to Nov. 29).
Don’t see what you want here? Most stores’ ads will leak before the Thanksgiving newspapers are published, so if you don’t see your store listed here, keep scouring the Internet. If you shop at a locally owned store, ask what kind of Black Friday deals it might be planning.
Pro tip: If you want the really sweet deals on toys, plan your strategy in advance. Read the fine print in the ads, and make sure you’re clear on what’s a doorbuster and what’s a deal. Some stores offer special pricing for specific hours but may also have later-in-the-day savings opportunities, so make sure you’re taking note of the details.
And if you want to sleep in on Friday, there’s always Cyber Monday.
Whether you brave the crowds or shop from home, happy shopping, and may the best deals be ever in your favor!
Originally published November 2015. Updated November 2016.