American Idol's Kimberly Caldwell goes glam with baby name
It's a beautiful baby girl for American Idol alum Kimberly Caldwell and her husband, Jordan Harvey. The couple welcomed Harlow Monroe on Oct. 7 and bestowed on her the most fabulous baby name.
Sweet little Harlow Monroe Harvey bears the names of two classic movie stars: Reckless star Jean Harlow, and the ultimate platinum blonde, Marilyn Monroe. The happy new parents used the actresses' surnames and inspired our list of famous screen siren baby girl names:
From the 1930s and 1940s
The big-screen bombshells of the Golden Age of Hollywood brought to the screen serious, sultry personas that inspired generations of actresses to come.
- Marlene Dietrich: The Blue Angel
- Greta Garbo: Mata Hari
- Mae West: She Done Him Wrong
- Jean Harlow: Reckless
- Rita Hayworth: Cover Girl
- Gene Tierney: Leave Her to Heaven
- Betty Grable: Mother Wore Tights
From the 1950s
With the help of their generous curves, these screen sirens were able to draw viewers away from their television sets and back to the cinema.
- Ava Gardner: Mogambo
- Brigitte Bardot: And God Created Woman
- Elizabeth Taylor: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Gina Lollobrigida: Trapeze
- Jane Russell: His Kind of Woman
- Jayne Mansfield: The Girl Can't Help It
- Kim Novak: Picnic
- Lana Turner: The Bad and the Beautiful
- Marilyn Monroe: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
From the 1960s
The big-screen stars of the '60s enjoyed new, interesting roles in spy flicks, psychological horrors and spaghetti Westerns.
- Ann-Margret: Viva Las Vegas
- Bette Davis: Dead Ringer
- Catherine Deneuve: A Matter of Resistance
- Janet Leigh: Psycho
- Raquel Welch: One Million Years B.C.
- Sophia Loren: Two Women
- Ursula Andress: Dr. No
From the 1970s
Film evolved in tremendous ways during this decade, with brilliant cinematography, elaborate musical scores and the gorgeous faces of these beloved beauties:
- Bo Derek: 10
- Faye Dunaway: Chinatown
- Jacqueline Bisset: The Deep
- Jessica Lange: King Kong
- Sally Kirkland: The Illegal One
- Tuesday Weld: Looking for Mr. Goodbar
From the 1980s and 1990s
Female movie stars exposed a lot more, as nudity and hot sex saw a significant increase in films.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: The Mask of Zorro
- Kathleen Turner: Body Heat
- Kelly Le Brock: Weird Science
- Kim Basinger: 9-1/2 Weeks
- Michelle Pfeiffer: Scarface
- Sharon Stone: Basic Instinct
Which screen sirens of the 2000s will be best remembered? Think Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Winslet, Keira Knightley, Julianne Moore, Marion Cotillard and Scarlett Johansson. Have we missed your favorite?