The emotional evolution of moms in July
From the highs of the Fourth of July to the lows of the heat, a mom is bound to have an emotional response to July.
1. "We're totally hitting our stride."
"June is down and we are totally getting the hang of this summer schedule thing. I'm great at this. It's probably all the hours I spend on Pinterest."
2. "Yeehaw, 'merica!"
"Summer is so freaking awesome. Thanks, Uncle Sam."
3. "The library is closed for a remodel. That's unexpected."
"Who the hell signed off on this decision? Library time accounts for at least 65 percent of our summer activities!"
4. "Oh my god, it's so hot."
"I think my hair is sweating. And for the love, these kids smell like a barn."
5. "I didn't know that craft time could cause nightmares."
"Yep, bead necklaces are fun in June. Verboten by July."
6. "Vacation is coming, yay!"
"Goodbye, sweltering home. Goodbye, responsibilities."
7. "Holy balls, I have to pack an entire family for vacation."
"Except for this responsibility. Packing. Why does motherhood feel like I'm turning into a pack animal?"
8. "Vacation feels like home, only without conveniences..."
"So this was fun, really. But I'm ready to get back to a life where I can call a babysitter and/or know where the damn grocery store is located."
9. "These kids are so adorable, my gosh."
"I'll remember those sweet faces and their laughter forever, though."
10. "I'm done trying. Sprinklers, anyone?"
"Party's done. This should keep them busy."
11. "Wait, is summer almost over?"
"Hang on, there's no way that the kids are going back to school in just a few weeks. How did this happen?"
12. "This summer was really fun."
"I'll cherish these memories forever."
13. "Also, not. It was not totally fun."
"Probably not all of them, though."