3 Cute valentine bookmark ideas for kids
Think beyond simple candy valentines this year. Instead, help your child whip together one of these cute valentine bookmark ideas, sure to be loved by all the young readers in your child's class.
Felt heart bookmark
- Red and pink sheets of felt
- Embroidery floss
- Sewing needle
- Cut out a heart shape along the corner of a piece of felt. Use the corner to create the point of the heart, so that it is a perfect 90-degree angle.
- Cut out embellishments from another sheet of felt. Thread the sewing needle with the embroidery floss and sew the embellishments onto the heart.
- Cut out a triangle from another corner of the felt.
- Sew the triangle to the back of the heart.
- Slide the heart bookmark onto the corner of your page to save your place in the book.
Paper clip bookmarks
- Paper clips
- Heart-shaped buttons
- Hot glue
- Glue the heart-shaped buttons to the top of the paper clips and allow them to dry.
- Slide the paperclips over the page in your book to save your place.
Cupid's arrow bookmark
- Felt arrow embellishments
- 1/4 inch piece of elastic
- Cut a piece of elastic that is approximately 10 inches long. Glue the 2 ends of the elastic together.
- Glue the felt arrow embellishment (I found mine at the craft store) over the elastic where the 2 ends meet.
- Once the glue is dry, wrap the elastic around the pages of the book to mark your place.