30 Telltale signs Mom needs a night out
If you are a mom the odds are slim you are getting enough "me" time. Wondering if it's time for you to clear the schedule for a night out? If you can relate to even five of the 30 things listed below... call the babysitter pronto!
You know you need a night out when...
1. The last adult conversation you had revolved around poop.
2. You don't even remember the last time you were out of the house past dark.
3. Your version of dressing up, versus dressing down, means choosing between yoga pants and your "good" yoga pants.
4. Your last night out resulted in the conception of your youngest child.
5. You've been watching Disney Junior for over an hour and there are no children in the room.
6. Talking to yourself in the mirror is the closest thing to adult conversation that you've had in several days.
7. The most action your bed has seen in months is when the toddler vomited all over it.
8. Your coworker is cranky, so you ask her the last time she made poopy.
9. You know every word to every animated entry in your Netflix queue.
More on SheKnows: 20 Things moms should know before they have kids
10. Your trash can goes out more than you do.
11. You can't remember the last time you had a conversation with an adult that didn't involve telling a child "no," "stop" or "don’t."
12. The baby pukes in your mouth, and you're just happy it still tasted like milk instead of puke. And you know what puke tastes like.
13. It's been six months since you've used your hair dryer, put on makeup or waxed your eyebrows.
14. You've contemplated writing "Free Puppies" on a box and putting your kids in it.
15. You don't know what day of the week it is. You don't even know what time it is. It's either daytime or nighttime, and either a school day or not. That's it.
16. The FedEx guy leaves your packages out by the curb, because ringing your doorbell has resulted in a 45-minute conversation the last three times he's delivered to you.
17. Going out and having fun seems like too much work, and you'd rather just go to bed.
18. You begin making philosophical insights into SpongeBob episodes.
19. You are marking TV show premieres on your calendar, because that's the highlight of your social life.
20. Fixing your hair or putting on jeans has your kids or husband asking "What's the occasion?"
21. You just muttered "WTF" under your breath for the 20th time today, and it's only 8:30 a.m.
22. You start having deep conversations with the infant and/or cats.
23. It's the 473rd Saturday night in a row you've been in your pajamas by 6 p.m.
24. A co-worker has something on their face, and you've licked your finger and started to wipe it off.
25. You wake up in the morning counting down the hours until bedtime.
26. The cops have been to your house because a neighbor thought you were being murdered, but it was just you, yelling at the kids.
27. A trip to a Target with Starbucks inside it, without the kids, constitutes the last date night you had.
29. A dental cleaning visit seems like a trip to the spa, and a weekend in jail sounds like a reasonable getaway at this point.
30. You understand why rodents eat their young.
Image: Tobi Mattingly/Flickr