Adorable DIY teacher gifts you can make for under $10
Looking for a last minute gift to throw together for your child's favorite teacher? These gift ideas are easy to make, and at under $10 each, they are affordable too.
Cookies in a jar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Glass jar
- Baker's twine
- Gift tag
- Thoroughly wash and dry the glass jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar, firmly packing each layer.
- Place the lid on the jar, then attach a gift tag to the jar.
- Write the baking instructions on the tag. Baking instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup of melted butter with the contents of the jar. Create 1-inch balls of cookie dough, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cup o' school supplies
- Large, clear reusable cup
- School supplies
- Decorative ribbon
- Gather up some office supplies your child's teacher could use. Mini Post-it notes, highlighters, Sharpie markers, paper clips and erasers are all good ideas.
- Fill up the cup with the office supplies.
- Place the lid on the cup, then cut a piece of decorative ribbon. Tie the ribbon around the top of the cup and you have an instant and easy gift.
Movie night gift basket
- Plastic bowl
- Bags of popcorn
- Redbox gift certificate
- Clear cellophane
- Arrange the popcorn, candy and gift certificate in the plastic bowl.
- Cut a large piece of cellophane and place the bowl in the center of it.
- Gather the cellophane around the bowl and tie it in place with a ribbon.
Homemade bath salts
- Epsom salt
- Essential oil
- Large bowl
- Glass bottle
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of Epsom salt with 10 drops of a fragrant essential oil, such as lavender.
- Place a funnel in the top of the bottle, then pour the Epsom salt into the bottle.
- Place the cap on the bottle and tie a decorative ribbon around the bottle for a perfect pampering gift.