Baby names for weed friendly parents
With legalized marijuana taking off in so many places, you might be liberal-minded enough to give one of these baby names a try.
Listen, we're not advocating the illegal usage of marijuana in any way, shape or form, but with so many states embracing the "ganj," why not take advantage of one of these adorable names if you happen to live in one of them? Who knew that there were so many great baby names hiding in the weeds (sorry, we can't help it)?
Baby names inspired by marijuana
If you're a particularly big fan of legal marijuana, you'll want to take a look at baby names inspired by the strains and slang of the wide world of weed. Trust us, they're way cute.
Marijuana-inspired girl names
- Charlotte: After the famous strain of marijuana known as "Charlotte's Web" that has been used to successfully treat seizures in children
- Sativa: "Uplifting" or "energetic" species of marijuana
- Indica: "Mellow" or "laid back" species of marijuana
- Mary Jane: Classic slang for the good stuff
- Ganja: Slang for marijuana with its roots in India
- Alice: Short for Alice B. Toklas, another name for a delicious pot brownie
- Kaya: Slang for marijuana of African origin
- Meggie: Good ol' marijuana
- Juanita: Slang for marijuana of Mexican origins
- Zooie: A joint holder
Marijuana-inspired boy names
- Bud: The best part of your favorite plant
- Ace: A marijuana cigarette, or joint, if you will
- Bale: A whole lot of marijuana
- Blaze: What you do when you get your marijuana
- Esra: A beat term for weed
- Herb: A gentleman's term for marijuana
- Monte: Marijuana coming from South America
- Baker: Someone who smokes marijuana
- Kush: A strain of marijuana that comes from the Hindu Kush Mountains. Great for sleep apnea.
Names inspired by popular stoners
Celebrity stoners come in all shapes and sizes, just like your favorite strain of Indica. You can use the name of a character from a famous stoner movie, or a celebrity who's outspoken about his marijuana use.
Girl names inspired by popular stoners
- Cedella: A daughter of Bob Marley
- Shavonne: A character from Dazed and Confused
- Simone: A character from Dazed and Confused
- Mae: A character from Reefer Madness
- Marley: The surname of Bob Marley
- Janis: Inspired by Janis Joplin, a singer in the '70s
- Nancy: After Nancy Botwin, the pot-dealing suburban mom in Weeds
Boy names inspired by popular stoners
- Bob: The first name of Bob Marley
- Jack: Inspired by Jack Kerouac, beat author of On the Road
- Jay: As in Jay from Jay and Silent Bob
- Ziggy: The son of Bob Marley
- Thurgood: A character from Half Baked
- Jerry: As in Jerry Garcia
- Calvin: The birth name of a famous rapper, also known as Snoop Doggy Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Snoop Lion, DJ Snoopadelic and Snoopzilla. Actually, any of these monikers could work as well.