How to make beautiful gratitude crafts with your kids
It's easy to get swept up in the excitement and fun of any holiday, but it's also important for children to remember the meaning behind it. Help the kids get into the true spirit of Thanksgiving with these simple crafts that focus on gratitude.
- Clear glass jar
- Chalkboard label
- Chalk or chalk pen
- Construction paper
- Apply the chalkboard label to the front side of your jar. Use the chalk to label it the "thankful jar" or whatever else you would like to name it.
- Cut out long strips that are approximately 1 inch wide from the construction paper.
- Throughout the year, have your family write down things they are thankful for on the strips of paper. Fold them up and place them in the jar.
- On Thanksgiving Day as your family sits down to the table, bring out the jar and read each of the strips out loud.
- Scrapbook paper
- Self-laminating sheets
- Fall leaves
- Metallic pen or dry erase marker
- Send the kids outside to gather up a few fall leaves.
- Bring the fall leaves inside, then use the scissors to snip off the stems.
- Place the leaves on top of the scrapbook paper, then seal the scrapbook paper and the leaves between two self-laminating sheets.
- Have children use a pen to write what they are thankful for on each of the leaves. You can use a permanent pen or a dry erase marker if you want to re-use the placemats each year.
Crescent rolls filled with gratitude
- Container of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Parchment paper
- Food-safe marker
- Cut out small strips from the parchment paper before Thanksgiving guests arrive.
- Before you start prepping your meal, have your Thanksgiving guests grab a few strips of paper and write down what they are thankful for using the food-safe marker.
- Roll the parchment paper strips up inside the crescent rolls and bake the rolls according to the package instructions.
- At the dinner table, have each person break open a crescent roll and read aloud what has been written inside. For extra fun, everyone can try to guess who wrote each gratitude note.