Make classic play dough at home with this DIY recipe (VIDEO)
Who doesn't love play dough, right?
But what I don't love is the finding half of an $8 pack of the stuff dried out after the kids have touched it twice and forgotten to pop on the tops. The solution? DIY it. With a few typical pantry items and some glitter, you have an easy-to-make and inexpensive way to entertain the kiddos.
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Add water, oil, cream of tartar, salt and food coloring into a pan.
- Heat mixture until warm.
- Remove from stove.
- Add flour.
- Stir and knead, adding in glitter.
- Store in a zip-close bag or airtight container.