Have messy fun with this DIY finger paint (VIDEO)
What do you do when you have bored kids at home with nothing to do?
We all know that idle hands can make big messes. But with a little quick thinking (and even less advance planning) you can control the chaos with an easy finger painting activity.
Kids of all ages can enjoy finger painting, and instead of going to the store and buying paint (since we know you blew through your Starbucks budget already), use this recipe to make cost-effective finger paint with ingredients from home.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 cups water
- Food coloring
- Add 4-1/2 cups water and salt to pot.
- Set stove to medium heat.
- Slowly add in flour, mixing with whisk to make sure there are no clumps.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, put heat on low and continue to stir until you get the right consistency.
- Scoop out a couple spoonfuls and add to containers or baking tray.
- Add 2 drops of coloring and mix.
- Store in air-tight containers.