Young-adult post-apocalyptic stories are all the rage… so why not find your next baby name among the characters of the latest craze: The Maze Runner.
The Maze Runner is the first of three sci-fi novels by James Dashner. The mega-popular book is followed by The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure. The story gives us monsters called Grievers, spy lizards called Beetle Blades and a black lab called Bark, but the real baby name inspiration can be found among the fascinating characters.
The Maze Runner‘s main character, Thomas, finds himself in a community of boys after his memory is erased. True to its title, the story finds the boys trapped in a maze and running for their lives.
- Thomas: After the teen awakens on his way to The Glade, Thomas discovers that he has no memory of his previous life. (Portrayed by Dylan O’Brien)
- Teresa: The first girl to enter The Glade, Teresa is telepathically linked to Thomas. (Kaya Scodelario)
- Alby: The leader of the Gladers, Alby strives to keep order in the group. (Aml Ameen)
- Newt: The kind, British-born lad, second in command to Alby, was once a runner but had to quit when he injured his leg. (Thomas Brodie-Sangster)
- Minho: Sarcastic, but loyal, Minho is the Keeper of the Runners and becomes friends with Thomas. (Ki Hong Lee)
- Chuck: Until Thomas arrived, Chuck was the newbie among the Gladers. (Blake Cooper)
- Gally: Glader Gally, the Keeper of the Builders, dislikes Thomas and claims to remember him. (Will Poulter)
- Frypan: Aptly named, Frypan is the Gladers’ cook. (Dexter Darden)
- Winston: This Glader, Keeper of the Slicers, has the privilege of slaughtering blood house livestock for food. (Alexander Flores)
- Zart: The farming Track-hoes are lead by the moody Glader Zart. (Joe Adler)
- Jeff: Jeff, one of two Med-jacks, administers The Grief Serum to victims who’ve been stung by the Griever. (Jacob Latimore)
- Clint: Clint is the Med-jack who works with Jeff. (Randall D. Cunningham)
- Ben: Stung by a Griever, Ben is quite violent toward Thomas. (Chris Sheffield)