Fire safety crafts for kids
Teaching kids about fire safety is easier when your kiddos don't even realize they're learning fire safety tips while having fun! Check out these fire safety crafts for kids that teach lifesaving lessons.
Tissue paper fire safety craft
Kids can easily be scared and hide during a fire emergency, so this fire safety craft teaches kids the lifesaving safety tip when it comes to a fire emergency: Go outside!
- Blank piece of white paper
- Red, orange and yellow tissue paper
- School glue
- Red marker
- First, using a pencil, sketch the shape of a large flame in the center of a blank piece of white paper.
- Next, cut tissue paper into 1-inch squares and have kids crumple and adhere the tissue paper inside the flame outline with school glue and allow to dry.
- Finally, help your youngster write, "Don't hide... go outside!" along the top and bottom of the flame collage to remind kids that it's important to head out of the house if a fire is present.
You don't have to have a green thumb to create these sunflower crafts for kids >>
Paper plate firefighter hat
Firefighters are heroes in the eyes of every child, so it's no wonder why this pretend play craft is such a hit with any kiddo learning about fire safety!
- Large paper plate
- Red paint
- Foam craft brush
- Yellow craft foam
- White glue
- First, turn a large paper plate face down and let your child paint the back of the plate with red paint until completely covered. Tip: the larger the plate the better, because you'd be surprised at the actual size of a child's noggin.
- Next, while the plate is drying cut a badge shape from the yellow craft foam using scissors and have your kiddo decorate it with markers.
- Then cut 2/3 of a circle along the inside edge of the painted paper plate to allow your child's head to fit into it.
- Now pull the flap you just made forward until it sits upright a bit to form the front of the firefighter hat.
- Finally, finish off this fire safety craft for kids by gluing the badge to the center of the hat's flap and rest it proudly on your youngster's head.
Keep kids busy all summer long with these animal crafts for kids from A to Z >>
Fire extinguisher craft
Combine lessons about fire extinguishers with the most important three numbers every child should learn and you have a fun craft for kids using the magic of glue and shaving cream.
- Red cardstock paper
- Fire extinguisher template
- Foam shaving cream
- Craft paint brush
- First, copy or print out the fire extinguisher template onto a piece of red cardstock paper.
- Next, mix equal parts of glue and shaving cream together until evenly blended.
- Then have your child paint the mixture onto the 9-1-1 graphic to recreate the fire extinguisher foam.
- Finally, allow to dry completely and watch how fascinated kids become with the foamy texture of this craft supply.