Paper crafting is an art form that uses paper to create 3-D objects. Designs can range from simple to highly elaborate, but we’ve come up with some fun and creative ideas that are perfect for kids.
Mustache drinking straws
- Printable template
- Black card stock
- Hole punch
- Drinking straws
- Print out the printable mustache template, then cut out the mustache.
- Trace around the mustache template on the black card stock, then cut it out.
- Use the hole punch to make a hole in the center of the mustache.
- Slide the mustache onto a drinking straw.
3-D paper stars
- Card stock
- Draw or trace a star on a piece of card stock, then cut it out.
- Fold the star along 1 of the points to crease it, then unfold the star. Repeat with the remaining 4 points so that there are 5 creases total running across the star.
- Fold the creases that lead to the point of the star so that they pop outward, then fold the creases between the points so that they pop inward.
3-D paper flowers
- Scrapbook paper
- Cut out a circle from the scrapbook paper that is approximately 1 inch wide.
- Cut out strips from the scrapbook paper that are 1/2 inch wide and between 1 and 3 inches long.
- Fold the longest strips in half and glue the ends of the strips around the circle.
- Working from longest to shortest, glue the strips on top of each other to form the flower.
- Once all the strips are in place, glue a button to the center of the flower.