DIY April Fools' ideas for kids
April Fools' Day is a time for harmless pranks played on friends and family. Get kids in on the fun with these DIY April Fools' Day ideas.
Spilled ice cream trick
- Ice cream cone
- Grab a small chunk of Play-Doh and knead it in your hands to soften it.
- Flatten the Play-Doh out to make the shape of spilled ice cream, then slide one end inside the ice cream cone.
- Top the Play-Doh with sprinkles, gently pressing them into the Play-Doh so that they stay in place.
- Lay the "spilled ice cream cone" out to surprise friends and family on April Fools' Day.
Unusable soap prank
- Bar of soap
- Clear nail polish
- Paint all sides of a bar of soap with clear nail polish.
- After the first coat of nail polish has dried, apply a second coat.
- Place the bar of soap in the shower. Your prank victim won't be able to figure out why the bar of soap won't lather.
Undrinkable Jell-O drink
- Plastic cups
- Drinking straws (optional)
- Prepare the Jell-O according to the package instructions.
- Transfer the Jell-O to individual plastic cups, then place the cups in the fridge to allow them to harden.
- After the Jell-O has hardened, surprise your friends with their undrinkable drinks! You can slide a drinking straw into the Jell-O to add to the effect.